Monday, September 30, 2013

Welcome!

Hello Parents, Teachers, Administrators, and fellow Counselors! As a way to let everyone know what is going on in the counseling department at RRES I am going to keep a blog. I will try to update it about once a week to let you know some of the various things that are going on. I may talk about classroom guidance lessons, small groups, cool ideas for individual students, student ambassadors, Girls on The Run and many other things.

It is hard to believe that this year is already a quarter over! We sure have been busy!!! All of our Kindergardeners are finally getting settled into the routine of school. We have been getting to know our friend Froggy through this great curriculum by Marco.  The kids are so glued into it and remember the stories and lessons. I started at RRES at the end of last school year and the now 1st graders remember the stories and the things they learned last year! I'm not a huge fan of using puppets, simply because I feel silly and I forget which puppet I need to be holding when I say different lines. So I glued the stories on to construction paper with the pictures on one side and the words on the other. The kids really like it and they think its really cool that I can read all the words :) I am going to have to spice it up some so they don't get bored.... I will have to make some cool puppets and let the kids hold them.... How do you use puppets in classroom guidance lessons?

~Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment